Secure your next Arduino project with biometrics…
The FPM10A Optical Fingerprint Sensor makes fingerprint detection and verification a piece of cake.
The module has a next-generation DSP chip does does complex DSP tasks such as image rendering, pattern recognition, image compression and lots of other tasks in a fraction of a second.
The module has internal flash memory where you can store upto 300 fingerprints. The RED LED in the lens lights up during fingerprint detection, so you know it is working.
You can even see the image of your fingerprint using the SFGDemo (Windows-only) test software
Of course, dont forget to check the datasheet and user manual given below.
- Supply voltage: DC 3.6 ~ 6.0V / 3.3V
- Supply Current: Current: <120mA
- Peak current: <140mA
- Fingerprint image time: <1.0 seconds
- Window size: 14 x 18 mm
- Matching mode: Match mode (1:1)
- Search mode (1: N)
- Signature File: 256 bytes
- Template files: 512 bytes
- Storage capacity: 300
- Safety level: five (from low to high: 1,2,3,4,5)
- False Accept Rate (FAR): <0.001% (security level 3)
- False Reject Rate (FRR): <1.0% (security level 3)
- Search time: <1.0 seconds (1:500, the mean)
- PC Interface: UART (TTL logic level) or USB2.0 / USB1.1
- Communication baud rate (UART): (9600 x N) bps where N = 1 ~ 12 (default value N = 6, ie 57600bps)
- Working environment:
- Temperature: -20 ° – +50 °
- Relative Humidity: 40% RH-85% RH (non-condensing)
- Storage environment:
- Temperature: -40 ° – +85 °
- Relative humidity: <85% H (non-condensing)
- Fingerprint sensor dimensions: 56 (L) x 20 (W) x 21.5 (H) mm